Mechanical Shift Technician
A fantastic opportunity just came across my desk. Working for one of the leading facilities maintenance company, who are looking for an experienced mechanical shift technician to cover a corporate banking environment in the area of central London. This great opportunity will be offering a competitive salary of £38,000 per annum and a big package depending on the candidate’s experience.
The job role will be following a continental shift pattern of days and nights and.
- Being a mechanically biased skilled engineer with a sound knowledge of HVAC, building services (water, gas, heating and ventilation, waste), BMS monitoring systems, PPM’s, etc.
- Having a flexible attitude with a “can do” approach and who is prepared to work outside their skill base to provide a customer based service.
- Be prepared to undertake training as required by the post and the Site Manager.
- Having administration skills to maintain computer based and hard copy systems for statutory inspections and tests.
- Be able to react and work on their own initiative.
- Be prepared to work on multiple sites if required.
- To undertake reasonable requests and any other duties from the business, as business needs change
- Planning including prioritisation of tasks from PPM’s and Helpdesk Requests
- Reacting to breakdowns and changing priorities
- Sourcing and vetting of quotations.
- Vetting safe system paperwork and issuing Permits and Authority to work as appropriate.
- Work issuing and prioritising work
- Progress chasing and quality control
- First-fix mentality
- Safe system and work control system closeout
- Work with and coordinate with subcontractors
- Fault finding
- To ensure active communication at changeover, briefing to ensure awareness of any matters pertaining to the smooth effective running of the shift.
- City & Guilds qualifications, level 3 electrical and any relevant qualification in all aspects of Building Service’s, Electrical (2391 desirable) and Mechanical engineering.
- Must have team working experience and excels at motivation of small teams under substantial pressure. Must have the balanced ability to think clearly in extreme circumstances
- Competent in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other IT based programmes.
- Desirable proven track record in; UPS, CRAC, VESDA, AHU, FCU, Leak detection, Electrax, BMS & Lutron systems
- Able to prioritise work and ensure SLAs are not missed
- Reliable and conscientious
- Able to work on their own initiative.
- Ability to organise and administrate contractors and third party suppliers
- Good customer liaison skills along with a front of house mentality.
- Have a can do attitude and flexible approach
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
For further information or to discuss your application please contact Kelvin @ Invictus on 020 7357 0881.
To register with us for additional engineering jobs please send your CV to Kelvin@ Invictus-group.co.uk