Our client is a global market-leading cost consultancy. Due to continuous project wins and increasing workloads, they currently have a requirement for Estimators to work at West London. Up To £50,000 Per Annum
This is an excellent opportunity for individuals who want to excel in a career progression; in addition to a well established career path with scope for promotion to the next level on day one and then at various points during your employment. This will be purely based on your capability along with performance and not on length of service or the number of Directors and/or Managers above you.
Our dedicated estimating teams are continually providing support and advice to numerous clients throughout the United Kingdom and International Countries. Our client currently requires several individuals with the following experience:
- The production of estimates alongside other team members, maintaining and improving the quality of estimating techniques and processes.
- Supporting and coaching less experienced members of the team during the production of estimates and carrying out quantity surveying tasks.
- Liaison with Clients and project meeting attendance.
- Helping to oversee the collection, validation and storage of cost data.
- Pre and post contract QS duties including BoQ production, Pre Tender estimates, Tender analysis, contract documentation compilation, value engineering, lifecycle and whole life costing exercises, carbon calculations.
- Contributing to business plans, business development and general team development.
- Adhering to and the championing of internal and external management systems, procedures and directives.
- Contributing to a good working ethos and environment in a safe manner.
- The successful candidate will ideally be educated to degree level in Quantity Surveying, have experience of working in a civil engineering environment and preferably experience within transportation sectors.
- An ability to understand how construction projects are built and subsequently priced is key. Probably used to pricing or contributing to competitive tenders, the successful candidate will have to work well within a team environment, and also liaise well with Clients and Project Teams. An interest in the industry will be evident through the desire to maintain and improve his or her own estimating standards and commercial skill sets.
- It is essential that the candidate understands surveying and estimating techniques, and will ideally have site experience to apply in the method of pricing and estimating. Knowledge of, and ability to use spreadsheets is essential, and experience of other estimating systems would be advantageous.
- Good communication skills, flexibility and commitment are just some of the qualities we very much appreciate.