An Immediate Requirement has arisen for a Project Estimator to join a multi disciplinary property consultancy. London Based Role.
To provide accurate cost plans to win projects in both negotiated contracts and competitive tender returns. Identify and articulate to the Project Team risks and opportunities for projects in terms of cost and margin. This role requires flexibility with regards to working hours and the ability to travel.
- Liaise directly as required with the Project Team in preparation of cost plans and project programmes to a standard layout.
- Organise, review and select quotations from suitable subcontractors and suppliers for inclusion in the cost plan.
- Upon receipt of a tender enquiry, undertake a review of the documentation such as analysing the project, breaking out subcontractor and supplier enquiries, selecting suitable subcontractors and suppliers.
- Undertake site surveys to analyse any potential risks and highlight as appropriate.
- Review existing Mechanical & Electrical installations to identify key issues in terms of costs or programme, liaising with specialist Consultants when necessary.
- Ensure Supplier databases and estimate files / records are maintained accurately.
- Liaising with Project Managers during the progress of the works.
- Provide support to manage the Supply Chain in terms of their procurement, appointment and project performance. Negotiate ‘best value’.
- Have an awareness of typical Landlord and Statutory Regulations.
- Understand the implications of Health and Safety Regulations.
- Undertake on-going research and development to provide innovative ideas to ensure Tetris is competitive at all times.
- Proven experience of operating in a similar role within a Design & Build environment
- Tenant Fit out experience (desirable)
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Commercial awareness
- Project methodology
- Negotiation skills
- Analytical skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office to include Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, Power Point, E-mail and Internet use.
- Be able to work from bills of quantities or drawings in CAD format